PAUL BIYA APPOINT RECTORS OF UNIVERSITIES AND PCA
LAST MINUTE: Paul Biya appoints Rectors and PCAs at the head of Universities
Paul Biya has appointed several Rectors and PCAs
• There are three Universities
• We find the University of Ébolowa, Bertoua and Garoua and
• There were PCAs and Rectors
The President of the Republic Paul Biya took today two important decrees to make important appointments within the State Universities. Certain Rectors have been appointed as well as Presidents of Boards of Directors.
At the level of Rectors,
– Pr ETOUA Remy Magloire Dieudonné, previously Director of the National Polytechnic School of Yaoundé has been appointed Rector of the University of Bertoua.
– Prof. ÉTOA ETOA Jean Bosco, appointed Rector at the University of Ébolowa.
– Pr Bakari Oumarou appointed Rector at the University of Garoua.
As for the Presidents of the Boards of Directors of these same Universities, we find Mr. Hongolo Bernard, as PCA of the University of Bertoua, Mr. Nvondo E. Jean-Pierre as PCA of the University of Ébolowa and Mr. Souley Daouda as PAC of the University of Garoua.
It should be noted that these personalities will benefit from the advantages due to their rank.
Let us recall that the physiognomy of Higher Education in Cameroon, following the presidential texts issued on January 19, 1993 by the Head of State, is marked by the establishment of several universities such as the University of Buea, the University of Douala, University of Dschang, University of Ngaoundéré, University of Yaoundé I, University of Yaoundé II, University of Maroua, University of Bamenda, University of Ébolowa. Others are under construction.
These universities are public establishments of a scientific and cultural nature endowed with legal personality and financial, administrative and academic autonomy. Each university includes post-secondary institutions for academic training and research.